Monday 25 August 2014

Split & Simplify





"Never put your feet in two different boats". We have all heard this line so many times in our life, but tell me do we follow it? Really really think about it.


Most likely your answer will be no.


These days we all wanna be multitaskers, juggling jobs, home, events, food, friends & God knows what not and I don't blame you. It's so easy to mess up this simple principle in today's time where everyone dreams of being an over achiever.


So when we have all heard about this a million times, why am I reiterating the same point??


Well, all I am doing here is sharing my story of how I got caught up in one of these cycles and how I am learning to let go and simplify my life tiny steps at each time.


Like many of my peers I tried to juggle between trying to loose weight, learning a new language and improving my career. I have been trying to let things not fall apart for about three months now & yes, I have had no success in even one of my goals.


So now I have decided that I will just focus on one thing; Now which should be this one thing? The one you know you need the most and will benefit you the most at that moment.


So I focused first on loosing weight and getting in shape, so these days my only Goal in a day is to wake up early in the morning, do my workout and then cook a good healthy meal. So far I must say its going good and I intend to do this for more one month to ensure that I really really get into this habit.


Next I will focus on learning a new language as it will open new doors of culture & tradition for me.


As far as improving things on job is concerned, I try to set aside 30-40 mins of my day to just browse and brush up through old concepts. Well that keeps things pretty easy on my plate and at the end of the day I feel satisfied and happy with myself as opposed to being disappointed and grumpy.


So all I am trying to say here is, Keep it simple everyone and take up only one goal any time. Try to tune out the voices of others who tell you not to do so, just focus on one thing & don't divert your attention to multiple assignments.


Remember it's always better to be 'Master of One' then being a 'Jack of All Trades'.

No comments:

Post a Comment